These products contain the extreme pressure additives necessary for ultimate protection road cars and racing vehicles, as well as friction modifiers for proper limited-slip operation. Fully-synthetic formulas created from polyolester base stocks, offer excellent lubrication under extreme conditions. High viscosity-index (VI) to provide relatively constant viscosity and film thickness with varying temperature change. Ester base stocks and friction modifiers provide additional slipperiness to lower operating temperatures by reducing the sliding friction in hypoid gears
- Sold as 16 oz
- Superior shear stability and reduced oxidation compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oils
- Exceed API GL-5 specifications
- Engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of differential efficiency for better mileage, longer drain intervals, and less wear
- Compatible with both petroleum and synthetic gear oils
- Reduces break-in temps as much as 50degreesF
- Limited-slip or Positraction units use plates or clutches to provide the proper amount of lock-up to the differential. Slippery lubricants are required to prevent chatter, but too much slipperiness causes excess wheel spin, reducing traction.
- For perfect traction, use Red Line 75W90NS and add the Red Line Limited-Slip Differential Friction-Modifier / Break-In Additive until the chatter disappears.
- Satisfies performance requirements of GM 1052358, Ford M2C118-A, 19B546-MA, Chrysler 4318060 and most imports.
- Recommended Dosage:
- Use 4 percent for prevention of limited slip chatter in broken-in units (typical one 4 oz. bottle) or 4 to 8 percent for the break-in of new differentials.
- Red Line Limited-Slip Differential Friction-Modifier / Break-In Additive will significantly reduce the friction during break-in of differentials. High temperatures encountered in break-in
- can destroy the hardening of the gear teeth causing rapid wear of the softened gears. This additive can reduce the break-in temperatures by as much as 50 degrees F, improving break-in conditions. Compatible with petroleum or synthetic gear oils. Red Line Gear Oils already contain this additive (except the NS).
- In non limited-slip racing differentials and quick change units using the Red Line Shock Proof Gear Oils an additional 3 to 6 percent Red Line Limited-Slip Differential Friction-Modifier / Break-In Additive is recommended.
There are no reviews yet.